Tuesday, May 17, 2011

the day i meet fran leibowitz

fran leibowitz said to me, "you're young, you'll come up with someone better" to qualify, i said "it cant be too important" and she said to me "thats why its dangerous...its better to say "they evaporated off the face of the earth". it was something cliff peacock would say. Or Nick Nolte in the short film in New York Stories which is not directed by Woody Allen, but by somebody else. Fran says she has never met Woody Allen...she says "you think thats an accident? She has the kindest saddest eyes, such a dark blue. She is smaller, as we all are, in real life. A friend once told me I was smaller in real life. And he'd only ever seen me in real life. Is it no accident the hardest thing in the world for us to do is sit in one place and not eat or drink or read or speak?

No comments:

Post a Comment