Saturday, February 6, 2010

“Coffee? I think we can do better than that.” –John Wayne

12 dollars for a suit of clothes,
thats robbery, mr.chisum,
i've earned it.

edit out the chair, they said
or the lamp is too large.
cut three inches off the pasta,
why don’t you
what if there were a little pink rat
hanging in this corner here? I’ve got a part for you

And anyway we go so great with one
Another, mr. chisum, don’t you think?

oh but it spills.

We’ll just throw the paper towels down now,
swim around the room, light cigarettes on fire,
clean it up later. in fact this whole thing
is getting small and narrow. the hats
across town and my arms
through the first sleeve, my air

is narrow and the noodles are cold, the cats
asleep or halfway, Mr chisum, quite the proposition
& smokes inside.

Is this tom waits, mr. chisum,
are you married, mr. chisum
think of nashville with a tan, mr. chisum.

Where are my Indians? Here, Have a cigar?
Can I frame it? You were a gym teacher &
Janelle Verrochi’s mother
Said you were too rough with the kids,
But I didn’t think you were? This was a dream
I had? I didn’t think I’d say so…

Edit out your lines mr. chisum?

Oh, but no, I couldn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment